Saturday, April 28, 2007

Who is God?

Hey!

Do you believe in God.... the devine one?

If yes...can you prove it without using the Bible.

If ur answer is no....then why?

Zaragate


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi Zaragate!

With regard to your question, Yes, I do believe that there is a Higher Being. I don't see the need for a Bible to prove that such a being exist as the Bible is a mere compilation of stories of those who believe in the Judeo-Christian God. I'm not saying that what it says isn't true, what I'm saying is that it is a literary work "canonized" by the Judeo-Christian community as it is a symbol of their faith in their Creator.

Now, this God isn't the only god that there exist (at least in the level of cultural and religious beliefs). There is Allah, Ahura Mazda, Tetragrammaton, etc. Different peoples around the world believe that their gods exist and they would not need the Bible. They have their own religious scriptures to prove their claim.

Now, how do I prove that there is a GOD? The existence of a God is based on one's faith and try as I may, the proof that I see for God's presence may not be able to convince anyone but myself.

For me, God is the first "energy" that was given consciousness when creation occurred. God did not start creation but was a part of the Creation. from how I see it, God was the first being that awakened from the vast sea of continuously evolving energy and God influenced the evolution of the other aspects of Creation (man, animals, vegetation).

I don't say God and think of Allah, Diana, or Christ, for me, God is the Essence, the pure energy that has no form. Now, our beliefs in the Divine shapes this energy and gives it form to what our religions project (i. e. Allah, Buddha, et al).

Now, if ever I don't believe in a God, hypothetical lang, I would just say that I'm an Atheist and I need not prove the existence of a Higher Power. My mere claim of being an Atheist disproves all theories of the existence of gods... Philosophically speaking that is.

Hope I sent it clearly! Thanks! I loved the question!

Just Ask Anytime Now!

No comments: