Thursday, April 19, 2007

Am I Shallow?

hi mr. anytime now,

is it okay that i go for looks first before personality? both are
important for me but if i dont find a guy physically attractive then
theres really a very slim chance that i give it a try for a romantic
relationship... am i shallow? furthermore, why am i like this? is it
okay?

thanks...

badger

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi Badger!

To answer your question, let me tell you an incident in my life. A
friend once told me that he is dating this new guy who he finds really
attractive. I checked the pic and I did not agree with him. Then I
asked him any background about the guy. He told me that the guy
graduated from Ateneo and is currently taking up Law in UP. Graduated
as a Cum Laude and was named 1 of the 10 outstanding student of the
philippines.

After I learned all those stuff, I had a change of heart. Parang
feeling ko, he looks really attractive. All of a sudden, he seems
interesting.

We all have our own sets of preferences and no one can tell you that
your shallow for that. In my case, I'm a sucker for intelligent guys
that can make strikingly witty conversations. In your case, you prefer
Uber-cute guys. And there is nothing wrong with that.

One's physical appearance is important in such a way that it will open
doors to draw people's attention. Being "guapo" or sexy will make
people notice you. However, it can only take you so far. Having good
looks, alone, cannot save you from a boring date. You have to show
them that you are so much more than being guapo.

Afterall, what is "physically attractive" anyway? We all have our own
criteria for beauty. You are not shallow. Not unless that is your ONLY
basis, you are still being reasonable. Kanya-kanyang trip lang yan eh.
Ako nga, when I date guys in the past, before we part, they usually
tell me, "You know what, you're different than most I've met. You're
smart, you're opinionated, you're well-versed." But you know what, the
only word I wanna hear is "cute". Hehe!

Hope I cleared things with you. Thanks for posting!

Just Ask Anytime Now!

No comments: